Lo Harris' art featured twice in Abbott Elementary series, highlights importance of representation in media
Lo Harris' latest children's book, 'Mama's Home,' written by Shay Youngblood, was recently featured in an episode of Abbott Elementary. The book was prominently featured during a pivotal moment in the episode titled "Teacher Conference."
Shop the Feature
Mama's Home by Shay Youngblood
A gorgeously illustrated picture book that is a powerful love letter to chosen families and the village that raises us. A young girl basks in the love of her community–which includes not only her mother but the many different women who make up her world. Purchase 'Mama's Home' Today
Lo's work has been featured twice in the Abbott Elementary series, with her original artwork "Self-Love: Trusting Yourself" being featured in a prior episode "Sick Day." As a Black creative, Lo Harris believes that it is essential to create work that reflects their experiences and those of their community. This collaboration with Abbott Elementary, Quinta and the set design team highlights the power of using art to tell stories and inspire the next generation of artists and leaders.
Shop the Feature
Self-Love: Trusting Yourself Art Print
- Natural white, matte, ultra smooth background
- 100% cotton, acid and lignin-free archival paper
- Custom trimmed with border for framing; 1" for x-small and small, 2" for all larger sizes
- Every order is custom made just for you
- All sizes listed are overall paper dimensions including the white border
- Exact sizing may vary slightly due to printing process, we advise waiting to buy frames until the prints arrive.
- Product Note: Color variations between on-site previews, your screen and printed artwork may occur.
Lo is grateful for the support of the series and is committed to using their art to uplift and empower others. This recognition is a significant achievement for her and showcases their growing influence as an artist and storyteller.